Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sandy...

Here in the east coast we are all preparing for hurricane Sandy. Personally, I'm hoping that we're all over-reacting and that Monday morning we laugh about it on our way to work. If I didn't have kids I probably wouldn't worry so much.
Yesterday I was able to leave work a bit early so I headed off to Target to buy a few things. While I was searching for items for "survival" such as batteries, canned goods, and water, which they were completely out of, I also bought things assuming nothing would happen such as Halloween candy, cheese, and frozen goods. Cautious but optimist, I guess. I did manage to get water at Whole Foods, by the way. Phew. And hubby went off to buy a shop vac since we could get some water in the basement. With hurricane Irene, it really was no fun mopping all that water up. It took hours and hours...
The good news is that I have lots and lots and lots of yarn, and many projects to work on!
Stay safe, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Fabi it's Mary Ann. Hope the storm doesn't happen either. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too, Mary Ann! We have our fingers and toes crossed over here. :)

    ReplyDelete