Saturday, January 12, 2013

A good knitting week...

I know that it's been a while since my last post but I have been fighting a cold... The good thing about feeling a bit under the weather is that all I want to to is curl up on the couch under a blankie with a cup of tea and my knitting. I did quite a bit of that this week. And it shows!

I finished knitting the Vite Cowl. It's currently blocking. Once that's done I just have to seam it and mail it to the recipient. The recipient's name, of course, is a secret. I don't want to spoil the surprise!


I have made really good progress on the Holding Hands, Feeding Ducks scarf. I love that star stitch but I'm struggling with it a bit. I tend to be a tight knitter and purling 3 at a time for me is quite a challenge. I'm trying very hard to make a conscious effort to "loosen up".

Holding Hands, Feeding Ducks Scarf

Most importantly I finally started knitting a cardigan for me. My first one! I'm very excited and absolutely loving the yarn. It's the Queensland Collection Rustic Tweed in a gorgeous green. I love the way the yarn feels, the color, the way it knits up... The cardigan is knit top-down, which I love. I'll post pictures as it grows. It's not big enough to share yet.

Now that I have a big project to knit at home I'll be knitting lots of scarves, cowls, and socks to keep me busy during my commute. I've been trying to avoid buying yarn since my stash grew quite a bit, but I may have accidentally bought some gorgeous Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock yarn when stopped by my LYS for some cable needles. Shhh... Don't tell Dave!

Socks That Rock




No comments:

Post a Comment