Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving and Yarn Shopping...

We just got back from a wonderful Thanksgiving with family in Vermont. The kids really had a blast running wild and free through Grandma and Grandpa's house. They don't get to see them very often, so it was nice to see them get some quality time together.
I ate way too much, but that's what Thanksgiving is all about, right? Well, not really, but that's part of it. :)
On our drive back home we decided to stop for lunch in Northampton, MA. The main reason, was so that I could visit the WEBS store there. I have shopped from their website before, which I love. I had always dreamed of going to their store. I had seen signs on the road during previous trips to see the family and I am so glad we finally stopped to check it out. It was quite an experience. I don't think I have ever seen so much yarn in one room. I should have prepared in advanced. I should have had patterns printed out and specific yarns to look for. Instead, I walked around with my husband and kids (one of them was acting quite wild from being in the car for so long) and tried to take it all in. I started putting yarn in my basket and not even thinking about it. I was looking for one specific yarn for a pair of socks I'm knitting for a friend, but I think I failed. I bought this gorgeous cashmere yarn, but now I'm thinking it's probably not good for socks... There was so much sock yarn I couldn't see straight. And then, I saw the entrance to the other room... A room filled with long isles of yarn. Oh boy... It was just too much. I couldn't resist some gorgeous Tweed that I will one day knit into a sweater, and some other goodies too... About $200 later (gulp!) we left the store with me telling my husband that I had just taken care of Christmas shopping for me...
Somewhere around Connecticut I finished the hubby's socks. I'm so proud! They really look great and he's thrilled. I'll try to get him to model them for me later so that I can share a photo with you guys. Now on to the next pair!

No comments:

Post a Comment