Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Oh, Sandy...

Hi Everyone! Hope you're all safe and sound. Sandy was a crazy, angry storm and I feel very lucky that nothing terrible happened to us. I am saddened by all the destruction that happened in our area and send my love to all of the ones that have lost so much, and now have to start their lives from scratch. I can't even imagine what that must feel like. We are fortunate that all we had to deal with was the loss of power for 9 days. We had a little damage to our roof, but nothing major.
I have missed writing here. Who knew I'd enjoy it so much, right? I was home for two weeks and today was actually my first day back to work after Sandy. I bet you're thinking that with all "free" the time I knit a blanket. You are mistaken, my friends.... Knitting with two small children in the house is pretty much impossible. Knitting by candlelight sounds romantic, but I can tell you that all it does is make your eyes sting...
I finally got to knit a bit while waiting for my cable provider to arrive on Friday (all our wires got knocked down by a tree) and managed to finish sock # 1 for the hubby. Just to remind you, I'm knitting the Traditional Gansey Socks by Wendy Johnson. I think they look great on the hubby and last night I started sock # 2. I have to find lots of time for knitting because I have 2 more pairs I want to finish before Christmas... Not to mention a new scarf for me.... Ha! There is no way I can do all that by Christmas... Who am I kidding?

Here are pictures of the hubby sporting his new sock...

No comments:

Post a Comment