Monday, October 21, 2013

Rhinebeck!

I know I have to update you guys on my projects but before I write a post on that, I have to get Rhinebeck out of my chest! I'm still flying high from my weekend with my friends Joy and Marta for the NY Sheep and Wool Festival. This was my first time going, and it was so much more than I ever expected!
We arrived on Friday and after checking out our adorable rental, we headed into town. While we were looking for a parking spot, I spotted Thea Coleman (babycocktails) and immediately knew that this was going to be a weekend to remember. I was so giddy seeing her. And too shy to approach her. Maybe next year?
We walked around a bit and then decided to sit a the Grand Cru Beer and Cheese Market. We ended up sitting there for a while and my friend Joy even got photographed by a total stranger walking by! He said she was beautiful. And yes, yes she is!
For dinner we walked over to Terrapin Restaurant and had a delicious meal. And by delicious, I mean I almost licked my plate. The greatest thing about that meal though, was being surrounded by so many knitters. You can just tell. There was a great energy in the air that night. People were knitting and wearing hand knits and talking about knitting.
On Saturday morning we headed out early and after facing a few minutes of knitter traffic, finally arrived at the festival. I didn't know what to think. We were finally there and once I walked through the first building, I almost started to panic. How was I going to get through the day with so many options? How does one decided on anything? I calmed myself down and decided to follow my heart and buy whatever "spoke" to me. And it worked! I really feel that I bought everything that I loved. No regrets!
We made it to the Ravelry Meet-Up and chatted with a few other knitters. I also picked up my copy of The Rhinebeck Sweater and even go it signed by Ysolda. (I sort of want to knit everything from that book!)
I have many great memories from the weekend, but to tell you the truth, the experience wouldn't have been as special if I hadn't been there with my friends.

I'm really looking forward to Rhinebeck 2014!

I didn't take many pictures, but here are the few that I have:


My beer at the Grand Cru. Wish I remembered what that was!

Joy resting under a tree, waiting for me to come back with my Rhinebeck Sweater book.

Some of the crowd at the Ravelry Meet-Up.

The three of us. It was too hot for me to wear my sweater. :(

What I came home with.

3 comments:

  1. Squee!!! Such a fabulous weekend! Can't wait to do it again with you girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time! Looking forward to next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great times thus weekend. Looking forward to next year.

    ReplyDelete